Binnie Brennan is the author of three books of fiction, Like Any Other Monday (Gaspereau Press), A Certain Grace and Harbour View (Quattro Books).
Co-winner of the 2009 Quattro Books’ Ken Klonsky Novella Contest, Binnie has also been published in several literary journals. Her novella, Harbour View, was published in the fall of 2009; in 2010 it was shortlisted for an Atlantic Book Award and longlisted for a ReLit Award. Her short story collection, A Certain Grace, was published in 2012. Binnie is a graduate of the Humber School for Writers, where she was mentored by M.G. Vassanji and Alistair MacLeod.
In 2007 Binnie’s story A Spider’s Tale was adapted for the stage in Halifax, where it received critical and popular acclaim. Since 1989 Binnie has enjoyed a career playing the viola with Symphony Nova Scotia. She lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Publications and Awards:
- 2010 Atlantic Book Award Shortlist (Margaret and John Savage First Book Award)
- 2010 ReLit Award Longlist
- 2009 Ken Klonsky Novella Award: fall 2009 publication of Binnie’s novella, Harbour View (Quattro Books)
- All Rights Reserved (Fall, 2008); Glossolalia (Iss. 1:1); Existere (Fall, 2007); The Adirondack Review (Spring, 2006)
- The Fiddlehead (Like Any Other Monday)
- The Globe and Mail (Like Any Other Monday)
- The Antigonish Review (Harbour View; A Certain Grace)
- The Globe and Mail (A Certain Grace)
- The Halifax Reader (Harbour View)
- Arts East interview (A Certain Grace)
- The Chronicle Herald (A Spider’s Tale)